Skin Camouflage Aftercare
The first 3 to 7 days after the treatment you may experience the following symptoms:
Please arrive in loose and dark clothing.It is your responsibility to follow the after care advice to avoid any risk of an infection
On leaving, the area will be covered with gauze, when you get home please remove this and let it breathe. You do not need to cover it again.
Before bed clean the area with luke warm water and cotton pad, apply a thin layer of bepanthol or you can purchase in the salon a healing cream.
Leave the area dry for 72 hours.
After day 3, no more wiping and apply a thin layer of the healing cream once a day if needed.
If you must shower the morning after you may however it is suggested that you shower with your back to the water so that the water does not hit the treated area. Use gauze or a muslin to blot dry the area. Avoid bathes and hot showers.
For three days follow the cleaning procedure above 1-2 times a day.
If you find any lymphatic fluid or blood, gently clean the area with cool boiled water and sterile gauze, blotting the area to remove all moisture.
• No application of any scented or tanning lotions, foreign body fluids, and no massages, facials or skin treatments.
• No scratching, picking or peeling any dry skin or flakiness.
• No activities that will cause extreme sweating.
• No swimming pools, hot tubs or other bodies of water, uv exposure, tanning, hot showers.
• No laser light therapy, as it can darken/lighten or distort the pigment of the tattoo colour.
• No exfoliants, retinol acids, glycolic acids and alpha hydroxy acids on the area for 30 days after the appointment (causes premature fading).
• be mindful of tight/restricting clothing, do not be alarmed if you see a hyper pigmented halo round the edge of your treated area.
• For facial feature restoration, you may see whitening in the treated area, this is normal and will upside in a few hours, strong chemicals or glycolic/acid peels may cause pigment to lighten.
• When the area has completely healed (7-10 days) we advise using sun cream to prevent the pigment colour fading.