Semi permanent makeup or Permanent makeup is sometimes also referred to as tattooed makeup because the process is similar to getting a regular body art tattoo.
Pmu is considered permanent because the pigment will remain in the skin forever, but the longevity of the colour and its visibility will eventually fade over a time of 1-5 years depending on which area you have had a treatment on.
The ink used for regular body tattoos is formulated differently and goes much deeper than what is used for make up tattoo which is pigment. A needle is used to deposit ‘ink’ into the skin with tattooing, the pmu process isn’t the same as getting a tattoo because the ‘pigment’ is deposited only into the first layer of the skin.
There are many benefits of pmu;
- Anti-ageing – PMU brows can emphasise and lift your eyes giving you an instant lift, a younger look
- No smudged eyebrows – looking perfect on the beach
- Achieve the brow shape you have always wanted
- Regain the look of fuller brows due to loss of hair or over plucking
- Saving time on application of brow make up
- Money spend saving on beauty products
The success of the treatment depends on the;
- skin quality
- post-treatment flow and care
- exposure to different external factors
All of these factors are out of the artist’s control, so any possibility to provide guarantees for the treatment is excluded;
- Have problematic skin
- Have serious health problems
- Take some medicines
- Have existing old permanent make-up on your eyebrows
- Are pregnant and or breastfeeding